Wednesday, March 30, 2011

New goodies.

Hello!

I've been meaning to write a blog post and update you all on what I've been working on lately...took me a while to get around to it. I've found myself spending every working moment making new pieces and listing them in my store (which is definitely a good thing!). Poor ol' blog has fallen by the wayside a bit. But that's okay, here I am to remedy this situation :D.

Every time I use the phrase, "haven't gotten around to it," or some variation thereof, I think of this guy that my mom used to work with. Whenever he checked in to see what the status was on some proposed task and someone told him that they "hadn't gotten around to it yet," he'd hand them this circular piece of paper. They'd have that "what the fuck is this shit?" look on their face, and then they'd see that it had text on it. "Tuit." Round Tuit. He helped them get a Round Tuit. Har, har, har. I love that sort of humor, I admit it.

On the agenda today, in addition to my usual work, I have decided that some chocolate chip cookies are in order. I haven't made chocolate chip cookies since before I developed an intolerance to gluten, so I will be experimenting with gluten-free, vegan chocolate chip cookies. I'm feeling optimistic about them - I think I can rock the fuck out of these cookies! I mean, even if I make some sort of grave error and they end up being terrible, the chocolate chips I have are so delicious that they may just salvage them. I have a chocolate safety net. I'm psyched.

Here's some stuff I've been working on lately:






This is a ring that I made for my mumsy. I bought this stone (a gorgeous teardrop shaped blue sea sediment jasper) a while ago, and my mom fell in love with it. So here it is, all set in a hand forged sterling & fine silver setting that Mom and I designed together :). I shipped it out to her today (she lives in my home state of MA) - I think she's going to love it!



This one's also for my mom. A long wire wrapped necklace in sterling silver (oxidized to gunmetal/black), iridescent paua shell, purple mother of pearl and teal faceted Czech glass. When I look at it, I think "Purple Peacock." I love these colors together! I might make this style again and offer it in my shop at some point.







This is a new style that I'm offering in my shop. I call them Little Leaves. Inventive name, I know. But it fits :D. These little pretties are carved Czech glass leaves suspended from my handmade sterling silver fancy flourish earwires (oxidized to gunmetal/black). I like 'em. I'm currently offering them in five colors (dark amber, icy turquoise blue, amethyst AB, kelly green and light icy lime) and I'm planning on expanding the color palette soon, so keep your eyes peeled for some new color options in the coming weeks.






Here's a sneak peek of my latest pendant style - Moonbeam! I love this little guy SO MUCH. The colors are absolutely incredible. You really have to see this fellow in person to get the full effect, but I did my best to capture some of the glory with some photos. He'll be listed in my shop either later tonight or tomorrow :D.




That's all for now! I'm going to make it a priority to update this blog on a more regular basis. I already have something in mind for my next entry, in the way of some new sterling silver earring styles, a report on how the cookies came out (and photos if I don't eat them all before I can take some, haha) and some news regarding the handmade stitch markers I offer in my shop. Until then, fare-thee-well! And do feel free to drop me a virtual line - I'd love to hear from you :).

~ Chelsea

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great site! I like the way you set this up! Great content! Thanks for sharing this!...Daniel

    ReplyDelete